If you own a Bosch dishwasher, you may have encountered the e22 error code at some point. This error code can be frustrating, as it prevents your dishwasher from functioning properly.
However, with a little bit of knowledge and troubleshooting, you can easily fix the e22 error code and get your dishwasher back up and running.
In this article, we will guide you through the process of understanding and resolving the Bosch e22 error code.
Understanding the Bosch e22 Error Code
The Bosch e22 error code is a crucial signal of a problem. It serves as a clear indicator that the appliance is struggling to effectively drain the water, leading to the emergence of this error code. There are several potential culprits that can contribute to the e22 error code, but the most common are: clogged filter, malfunctioning pump, blocked drain hose and some other issues such as problems with a sensor or even external parts.
How to Solve the Problem Yourself?
1. Clean the Filter
Use the below step-by-step instructions to clean the filter.
- Turn Off the Dishwasher: Before you begin, make sure the dishwasher is powered off to ensure safety.
- Remove the Bottom Rack: Open the dishwasher and carefully slide out the bottom rack. This will provide you with access to the filter.
- Locate the Filter Assembly: In the bottom of the dishwasher’s interior, you’ll find the filter assembly. The filter is typically comprised of multiple components, including the main filter, a fine filter, and a coarse filter.
- Remove the Filter Components: Depending on your dishwasher model, the filter components may be twist-locked or clipped into place. Carefully remove these components, starting with the main filter.
- Rinse the Filter Components: Take the filter components to a sink or an area with running water. Rinse each component under the tap to remove any accumulated food particles and debris. You may use a soft brush or your fingers to help dislodge stubborn residue.
- Inspect and Clean the Filter Housing: While the filter components are removed, take a moment to inspect the filter housing within the dishwasher for any debris or blockages. Use a cloth or paper towel to clean the inside of the filter housing.
- Reassemble the Filter: Once the filter components are clean and the housing is clear, reassemble the filter by securing each component back into its place, following the manufacturer’s instructions for your specific dishwasher model.
- Return the Bottom Rack: Carefully slide the bottom rack back into the dishwasher.
- Power On the Dishwasher: Turn the dishwasher back on and run a test cycle to see if the e22 error code has been resolved.
While a clogged filter is the most common cause of the e22 error code, there are other factors that can contribute to this issue. These include a malfunctioning drain pump, a blocked drain hose, or an obstructed impeller.
So if after cleaning the filter, your dishwasher still displays an error, then try the following steps:
2. Check the Drain Pump
Locate the drain pump in your dishwasher and ensure it’s working properly. Listen for any unusual noises or vibrations. If the pump is malfunctioning or not running at all, it may need to be replaced. A faulty drain pump can lead to drainage issues and trigger the e22 error code.
3. Inspect the Drain Hose
Examine the drain hose for any kinks, bends, or blockages that may hinder proper water drainage. Straighten out any kinks and remove any obstructions that you find. A clear and unobstructed drain hose is crucial for effective water disposal.
4. Clear the Impeller
The impeller is responsible for pushing water through the dishwasher’s drain system. If it’s clogged or obstructed, it can contribute to the e22 error code. Carefully access the impeller and ensure it spins freely. Clean any debris or blockages that may affect its operation. A proper impeller function is essential for efficient drainage.
5. Reset the Error Code
In some instances, a simple reset may clear the e22 error code. Turn off the dishwasher and unplug it from the power source. Wait for a few minutes to allow the appliance to fully power down. Plug it back in and turn it on. Run a test cycle to check if the error code has been reset and if the dishwasher functions correctly.
Additional Tips for Error Code Resolution
Dealing with calcium buildup
If you live in an area with hard water, calcium buildup can be a common problem in dishwashers. To prevent this, regularly clean the dishwasher with a dishwasher cleaner specifically designed to remove calcium deposits. Regular use of a dishwasher cleaner can aid in preventing and addressing the accumulation of mineral deposits and other residues.
By following the steps outlined in this article, you can easily resolve the dishwasher error code and get your dishwasher back in working order. If you’re still unable to fix the issue, it’s always a good idea to consult with a professional appliance repair service.
Why you should entrust your Bosch dishwasher problems to TechVill
TechVill is always ready to provide you with quality repair services for your Bosch appliances.
Our team of Bosch dishwasher experts are professionally trained, we are completely insured for your protection. You want us, and we will be right there for you.
We respond quickly and repair your machine promptly. We arrive on time to serve better!
As an authorized dishwasher service provider, TechVill has certified technicians who also have experience of handling various major brands such as Maytag, Whirlpool, Frigidaire, Samsung, LG, and more.
Our services cover various appliance types, including washers, dryers, dishwashers, fridges, ovens, cooktops, and provides professional repair services in various locations around Calgary, including Airdrie, Chestermere, Cochrane, Canmore, and Okotoks.
Contact us by the phone number provided in the contacts section on the website or fill out the online form, and we will help you solve any problem!
FAQs About Bosch Dishwasher e22 Error Code
1. How often does a clogged filter cause error e22 in Bosch dishwashers?
A clogged filter is one of the most frequent triggers for the e22 error. Over time, debris and food particles can accumulate in the dishwasher’s filter, obstructing the flow of water and preventing proper drainage.
2. How can I prevent the E22 error from occurring again in my Bosch dishwasher?
To prevent the E22 error in your Bosch dishwasher, ensure regular maintenance by cleaning the filter and drain system. Use a dishwasher cleaner designed to remove calcium deposits. Avoid overloading the dishwasher and scrape off excess food from dishes before loading.
3. What parts or components might need to be replaced to fix the E22 error on a Bosch dishwasher?
Components that might need replacement to fix the E22 error include the drain pump, inlet valve, or any damaged parts in the drain system. If you reach out to the specialists at TechVill, they can provide precise recommendations after a thorough diagnosis, indicating which specific part needs replacement or if replacement is necessary at all.